Tìm kiếm hỗ trợ

Tránh các lừa đảo về hỗ trợ. Chúng tôi sẽ không bao giờ yêu cầu bạn gọi hoặc nhắn tin đến số điện thoại hoặc chia sẻ thông tin cá nhân. Vui lòng báo cáo hoạt động đáng ngờ bằng cách sử dụng tùy chọn "Báo cáo lạm dụng".

Learn More

google translate of document no longer working

  • 11 trả lời
  • 1 gặp vấn đề này
  • 43 lượt xem
  • Trả lời mới nhất được viết bởi brian_cleveland

more options

Afternoon everyone... a couple of days ago I suddenly became unable to translate documents in google translate, (https://translate.google.com) and this occurs only using the Firefox browser, it is fine on Chrome. This is not putting text into the box, it is clicking and uploading a document for translation. The upload works fine and I see the source document on the screen, and then it just goes back to the screen with empty source box waiting for me to type into it. I don't know if anyone can help me troubleshoot this one as it might not be a problem with Firefox, but all assistance appreciated. This is happening on all my computers. I believe I have the latest Firefox version (88.0.1)


Tất cả các câu trả lời (11)

more options

Make sure you are not blocking content.

Start Firefox in Safe Mode {web link}

A small dialog should appear. Click Start In Safe Mode (not Refresh). Is the problem still there?


Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache.

Warning ! ! This will log you out of sites you're logged in to. You may also lose any settings for that website.

more options

Hmm, yes, it shows my document, there's a progress circle and after a moment or two, right back to Google Translate. ?!

more options

Hi Fred, it is occurring on all PCs, and they are in no way related or received updates recently... but I did start in troubleshooting mode just to try... no luck

Now I see that someone else has the same problem (jscher2000), thanks for confirming it's not something I've done.

Where do we look now? As I mentioned, it works from Chrome, but I don't want two browsers open!

more options

Seems to be working for me with a plain text document.

You can check the Web Console for possible messages related to this issue.

more options

cor-el said

Seems to be working for me with a plain text document.

I tested with .docx and .doc files.

more options

I do not have Word files on Linux, so can't test this.

Did this ever work with Word documents as I assume that Firefox won't be able to display such files ?

more options

Yes, it works (or did until Wed!) with many types of documents. I use it everyday for doc, docx, xls, pdf (depending on complexity!), txt, pptx, etc. It still works for all of them on chrome. None of them on Firefox now.

It even says "Upload a .doc, .docx, .odf, .pdf, .ppt, .pptx, .ps, .rtf, .txt, .xls, or .xlsx".

I think it was Wed I installed the latest version of Firefox. I wonder if I can downgrade a version and see what happens...

more options

I don't recall ever using this feature before.

I get the same problem with a PDF. Web Console:

If I use Custom Tracking Protection to disable cookie blocking and tracking protection, that fourth line disappears, but the problem is not resolved.

When I compare the Network monitors in Firefox and Chrome, both browsers receive the identical first document, but for some reason, Firefox is leaving the page during or after loading of the translation code. I'm attaching lists for reference.

If I selectively block scripts on translate.googleusercontent.com using NoScript, then the text extracted from the PDF loads and the progress spinner just spins. The page does not navigate back, so the issue seems to be related to how Google's translation scripts work in that page. But considering how complex they usually are... not going there.

more options

brian_cleveland said

I wonder if I can downgrade a version and see what happens...

If you are a very patient person, you can take half an hour and run a Mozregression. This is a test where you tell it the last know good version (release 87) and the first known bad version (release 88) and it downloads intermediate builds for you to test until it figures out which exact patch caused the problem.


more options

I tested with a PDF file (English to Italian) and it still works without problems and no errors in the Web Console apart from the usual warnings about cookies.

Maybe test it with a new and clean profile.

Được chỉnh sửa bởi cor-el vào

more options

I've just tried it for the fist time this morning, and lo and behold, it's working again! I have no idea what the cause was, but at least I know I wasn't going mad as I wasn't the only person with the problem!

I guess the cause will remain a mystery...

Thanks for your advice and investigations.