Help lost all book marks
updated firefox to the latest edition and have lost all bookmarks. Looked at all the articles tried several and no results still no book marks. Please help. a very senior citizen
Giải pháp được chọn
logins.json is the main file that stores the logins. logins-backup.json is a backup of this file that can be used in case of issues with logins.json or to undo an accidental delete. If you got the logins from logins.json and see them in Lockwise then you do not need logins-backup.json and Firefox will create this file when appropriate.Đọc câu trả lời này trong ngữ cảnh 👍 1
Tất cả các câu trả lời (8)
What about the rest of your profile? Settings, bookmarks, history, passwords . . . .
Look on your desktop. Do you see a folder called; Old Firefox? Look inside. Look for the folder with the latest creation date.
Type about:profiles<enter> in the address bar. How many profiles are listed? How many should be there? Also, open the profile folder in your file explorer.
Did you only lose the bookmarks or also other personal data ?
Thank you for the responses I lost everything. There are only two profiles showing both of them created when this problem started. in the old Firefox data I have the following: default release dated 7/10/20 default release dated 1/28/21 default release dated 10/20/20 default release dated 7/10/20 default release dated 2/27/21 (this one started the problem) So How do I used these release dated to get my data back?
The last listed profile (default release dated 2/27/21) is most recent, so you can check the backup in its bookmarkbackups folder and try to restore a recent backup.
You can copy certain files with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to transfer or recover personal data. Note that best is to avoid copying a full profile folder. Note that you should be cautious with copying SQLite database files if you previously had problems.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- favicons: favicons.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (encrypted logins;32+) and key4.db (decryption key;58+) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
key3.db support ended in 73+; to use key3.db in 58-72, make sure to remove key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- persdict.dat for words added to the spell checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)
You can use the button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page.
- Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
thank you for your reply. I found the bookmarks and have restored them. Okay no remembering that I am a senior citizen.. What do I do with the login-backup.json. Do i copy it and if so where to I place it then?
and once again Thank you for help and patience.
Giải pháp được chọn
logins.json is the main file that stores the logins. logins-backup.json is a backup of this file that can be used in case of issues with logins.json or to undo an accidental delete. If you got the logins from logins.json and see them in Lockwise then you do not need logins-backup.json and Firefox will create this file when appropriate.
Thanks this solved my problem.. Thanks to you help and patience. I do appreciate you help.