Downloads failing consistently
Hi, had a problem for a little while now and I cannot seem to resolve it.
If I start a download, there is a decent chance I immediately get the message: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\xxxx.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read. This was a fairly common error in the past, and there are many posts on this. However, my issue is a little different. I can sometimes get past that (with retries) and get the download started. Typically the download will get past around 50 to 100MB and then fail. I can retry from the downloads menu and it will start over, and either immediately fail or get quite far again, and still fail.
I would estimate that a maximum of 1 out of around 20 attempts to download is successful. So far I have discovered:
- The problem does not occur in Edge.
- The problem does occur in private mode.
- The problem does occur in safe mode, or with all extensions disabled.
- The problem persists after a re-installation.
- The problem leaves no error logs (that I can find).
- Clearing startup cache does not fix this issue.
- Family controls are not set up for my MS account, so its not the bug from last year.
It's making WFH from home really hard. Does anyone have any ideas on this?