Firefox is so slowly at load pages currently, that I am forced to use chrome to send this feedback. Some website loads find, other dont. Current version 73.0.1
Firefox is extremely slowly with loading webpages currently, dial-up days slow if not worst. Nothing change in the pc, other than updating Firefox from version 71 to 73 three to four days prior.
sites like google, wuxiaworld.com loads fine, but site like wuxiaworld.co, boxnovel.com just get stuck at [whatever].googleapis.com stays stuck at a white page. whereas wordpress.com/reader falls inbetween, it acts like I have 512 Kb/s again. problem does not seems to affect Chrome.
have tried most of the common trobleshooting stuffs,- disable-addon & restart, turning off doh, flushing system cache, getting angry and thinking about reinstall firefox anew, getting hungry because im getting angry. I think I am gonna go and get some food.
Anyways, shit dont be work as expected. later~
All Replies (6)
I'd suggest trying to refresh you FF to see if that maybe resolves it.
The Refresh feature (called "Reset" in older Firefox versions) can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your bookmarks, history, passwords, cookies, and other essential information.
Note: When you use this feature, you will lose any extensions, toolbar customizations, and some preferences. See the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article for more information.
To Refresh Firefox:
- Open the Troubleshooting Information page using one of these methods:
- Click the menu button , click help and select Troubleshooting Information. A new tab containing your troubleshooting information should open.
- If you're unable to access the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- At the top right corner of the page, you should see a button that says "Refresh Firefox" ("Reset Firefox" in older Firefox versions). Click on it.
- Firefox will close. After the refresh process is completed, Firefox will show a window with the information that is imported.
- Click Finish and Firefox will reopen.
the issue dont not presist when using proxy it seems, so most probably my country(BD) screwed some other stuff again on their side. They suck at censorship.
Anyways, thanks for trying to help. Ya can close the thread.
p.s. can use youtube, google engine, gmail etc. the problem mainly lies with the handshakes for some reason with other sites that uses font.google/ajax.google.
Can you ping these servers ?
You can also check the DSN Lookup tool via the about:networking page. You can open "about:" pages via the location/address bar
- "about:" is a protocol to access special pages
Don't close this thread! This is a big issue! Crawling performance on every site. nbcnews.com, foxnews.com, abcnews.com, etc. You name the site, Firefox crawls to get there and load. I did the refresh I was so desperate and absolutely no help. It has been an issue since a month ago when MS issued their monthly update for Win10. Was an issue in 73.01 and now 74.0.0. It is like 2400 baud rate. I can hear the modem squawking in my mind I swear. I have to use Edge to get any instant speed. I detest spying of Chrome so holding off. Please fix this break!
I have rebuilt my Windows 10 network connections, installed a new Docsis3.1 modem, new router, refreshed Firefox, deleted and re-installed Adobe Reader (it broke, too.) Firefox just fails to work quickly.