Chủ đề này đã được lưu trữ. Vui lòng hỏi một câu hỏi mới nếu bạn cần giúp đỡ.
FF superb with multi-tabs often open until Win10+other May updates; HDD now soon constantly active + tab hover summaries all show the same- until system restart
The above repeatedly now brings up the yellow bar message that a web page is slowing loading (wait vs close) or various apps open show 'not responding' (e.g. LibreOffice Writer mostly used) though do so after ponderous wait. Problem then persists if other apps are closed, leaving only FF running. The problem seems to build relatively soon after each restart when the HDD starts persistent activity even when nothing much being actively used. Previously would leave system running for weeks before any signs of restart being preferable. Thorough scans, check on drive capacity, file integrity and fragmentation levels, clearing cookies and site data, etc don't reveal anything amiss. It could of course be unrelated to FF such as if any conflict between Bitdefender and Win10 inbuilt security though none reported. Open tabs are typically held over a restart. restarts can be quite slow as though some temp cache being cleared.
Tất cả các câu trả lời (1)
Can you rule out extensions as the source of the slowness? You can view, disable, and often remove unwanted or unknown extensions on the Add-ons page. Either:
- Ctrl+Shift+a (Mac: Command+Shift+a)
- "3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons
- type or paste about:addons in the address bar and press Enter/Return
In the left column of the Add-ons page, click Extensions.
Then cast a critical eye over the list on the right side. Any extensions Firefox installs for built-in features are hidden from this page, so everything listed here is your choice (and your responsibility) to manage. Anything suspicious or that you just do not remember installing or why? I suggest disabling or removing any of those as the first level test.
As a second level, disable anything you can live without for 24 hours and see whether that makes any difference.
Regarding slow startup, I don't know whether this is relevant:
There is a bug in Firefox 67 related to clearing data at shutdown. If you use BOTH of the following features, some of the cleaning may carry over to the beginning of your next session:
(1) "Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed"
- set in Options > Privacy & Security > Cookies section
- about:config => network.cookie.lifetimePolicy => 2 (modified)
(2) "Clear history when Firefox closes"
- set in Options > Privacy & Security > History section, with "Firefox will: Use custom settings for history" selected to show detailed options
- about config => privacy.sanitize.sanitizeOnShutdown => true (modified)
If you set either of those back to its default value (unchecked), the problem should not occur.