Chủ đề này đã được lưu trữ. Vui lòng hỏi một câu hỏi mới nếu bạn cần giúp đỡ.
Google search engine doesn't work anymore with newest Firefox version
The same issue has already been discussed here: https://support.mozilla.org/de/questions/1209898
Since this week I use Windows 10 (replacing Vista) and after a short while I could google anything through my Firefox browser. I just get a blank screen. So I've looked for solutions and I've followed the description below (...it even seemed to work until the next update):
"Try to rename/remove search.json.mozlz4 in the Firefox profile folder with Firefox closed. You can use the button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page. • Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Directory: Windows: Show Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder • http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox Boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support to see if that has effect in case security software (Avira) is causing problems. • http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/ • http://www.7tutorials.com/4-ways-boot-safe-mode-windows-10"
Well, after the most recent update today, it is now obvious that this solution is of little use because the same problem has returned and "search.json.mozlz4 " has been reinstalled back in its place again.
I don't think it is a good practice if one has to remove the file again after every update.
So, what can be really done about this?
Tất cả các câu trả lời (6)
Thank you! Changing the Bitdefender settings worked for me.
BUT - I have Bitdefender to protect my computer, so I'm not happy about having to turn this setting off simply to be able to search Google.
As as non-geek I find it quite worrying that I've now 'de-protected' my computer a bit.
Is this something that can be fixed so I can turn this setting back on?
Hi Siddo, Bitdefender sets up as a "man in the middle" of your browsing. In order to read secure connections, it needs to issue fake site certificates. Firefox knows they not genuine.
You can set up Firefox to trust Bitdefender to issue fake site certificates -- try the steps in the following post provided by another user who got them from Bitdefender support:
Thanks jscher2000 - I was able to follow those instructions, although the location of the file I needed to import was in a slightly different place but I just searched for it in the Bitdefender folder.
Hi Siddo, thanks for the update. If you think it will help other Bitdefender users, do you want to post a note over on the other thread about the alternate location where someone might find the file?
Good suggestion - have posted info on where I found it on the other forum.
Many thanks to Siddo and jscher2000 for their inputs.
I must say that I didn't have the nerve to follow the instructions yet so I could fix the problems I have with my PC.
I find it just very annoying that Bitdefender blocks basic applications & sites that are simply elementary.
Furthermore, I can report that it's no impossible to use google search on my Chrome and Edge browsers, too. So, it's certainly not a Firefox problem here. It's Bitdefender!
Note, that even the generally useless Bing search engine has issues from time to time, and, it shows a blank page as well.
Curiously, out of the blue, I'm able to use Google search for a very short period of time until it "blanks" again for a very long time...
Now, I'll follow those instructions given above and report back.
But I'll also let Bitdefender know that their system has become a pain...
I'll report back to you as soon as possible.