Chủ đề này đã được lưu trữ. Vui lòng hỏi một câu hỏi mới nếu bạn cần giúp đỡ.
Firefox desktop (2x) - What is being synchronized?
I have setup WIndows in VM and installed a fresh Firefox. Now I'd like to have all settings and stuff be 'copied' over from Host to VM. Is it correct that only partly matters are synchronized. Privacy, Security is skipped (they are not listed, I agree)
However, what -is- listed is : Add-ons but they are not synchronized. It would be handy if they are synchronized...
well at least with me and within Firefox on VM ,that page is blanc "You don't have any add-ons of this type installed" Whereas FF on the host has quite a number of add-ons.
As said, that would be a timesaver indeed! =
Tất cả các câu trả lời (2)
Later .. right now, 30 minutes later, suddenly I noticed plugins are being installed...
So, ignore the above.
One method of copying information and settings is to clone the Firefox profile and copy it from one Firefox install to the other install. Note that by for instance copying over the bookmarks database you will greatly reduce the work Sync needs to try to do and increase the likelihood of it being successful. Sync is occasionally known to fail and mess up bookmarks across devices.
You should however make sure that both Firefox versions are the same. So for instance do not copy the profile from a Firefox Release to a Firefox Beta or Nightly - it may work but may cause issues. Normally only some files would be copied, and any extensions would be downloaded again.
Note if you do copy over a profile that you should copy the content but leave the profile folder name as it is. The profiles will have a unique name referenced in the profiles.ini file that lets Firefox find the profile.
- Profiles - Where Firefox stores your bookmarks, passwords and other user data
- Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles
- Recovering important data from an old profile
- How do I choose what information to sync on Firefox?
- profiles.ini http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profiles.ini_file
- Moving your profile folder http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_:_FAQs_:_Changing_Profile_Folder_Location
- Transferring data to a new profile - Firefox http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_data_to_a_new_profile_-_Firefox
I note you seem to be using 32 bit Firefox as expected, but have Windows on a 64 bit machine. If you are using a VM you possibly have a high spec machine with a lot of spare RAM and it may be worht being aware there is at last a 64 bit version of Firefox for Windows (Linux and Mac have had that for years)