Chủ đề này đã được lưu trữ. Vui lòng hỏi một câu hỏi mới nếu bạn cần giúp đỡ.
How do I get rid of Searchinfast browser
A new browser has appeared and eliminated Firefox opening page. It is Search In Fast and there has been a message that this is not secure. I want to delete it.
Tất cả các câu trả lời (1)
You could start by restoring your home page and see whether that solves it. If not, you may need to do a thorough cleaning.
To update your home page/startup setting:
Since this problem arrives as part of a software bundle, it might just be the tip of the iceberg of unwanted stuff. Here is my suggested approach to finding and removing bad add-ons and other types of malware hijackers. I know it seems long, but it's really not that bad.
(For Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10; XP is somewhat different)
(1) Open the Windows Control Panel, Uninstall a Program. After the list loads, click the "Installed on" column heading to group the infections, I mean, additions, by date. This can help in smoking out undisclosed bundle items that snuck in with some software you agreed to install. Be suspicious of everything you do not recognize/remember, as malware often uses important or innocent sounding names to discourage you from removing it. Take out as much trash as possible here.
(2) Open Firefox's Add-ons page using either:
- "3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons
- in the Windows "Run" dialog, type or paste
In the left column, click Plugins. Set nonessential and unrecognized plugins to "Never Activate".
In the left column, click Extensions. Then, if in doubt, disable (or Remove, if possible) unrecognized and unwanted extensions. All extensions are optional; troublemakers might not be obvious from their names.
Often a link will appear above at least one disabled extension to restart Firefox. You can complete your work on the tab and click one of the links as the last step.
(3) You can search for remaining issues with the scanning/cleaning tools listed in our support article: Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware. These on-demand scanners are free and take considerable time to run. If they finish quickly and especially if they require payment, you may have a serious infection. I suggest the specialized forums listed in the article in that case.