Chủ đề này đã được lưu trữ. Vui lòng hỏi một câu hỏi mới nếu bạn cần giúp đỡ.
I'm unable to write / type in anything in Firefox as if keyboard is not working. I tried some advises mentioned here but still not working. Using Win 7 64Bit.
I had recently upgraded my Windows 7 Home Basic 32Bit to 64Bit. The Firefox v45.0.2 was also installed but still I am unable to type anything anywhere in the Firefox browser only even in the earlier versions as well e.g. v43, 45.0.1 etc. The other browsers are working fine. I had installed and uninstalled the Firefox, Reseted / Refreshed the Firefox, checked for my system keyboard as US Keyboard etc. several times but still there is no improvement. What could be the other probable checks and jobs in order to get the Firefox work properly? My Desktop PC has 4gb ddr3 1333Mhz ram, i3 2nd Gen processor and various other softwares installed including, but not limited to, various Security softwares like Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 etc.
Được chỉnh sửa bởi bchatterjee70 vào
Tất cả các câu trả lời (3)
Some have reported that pressing F9 and the Windows key simultaneously one or more times has worked to fix issues with the keyboard not working.
Thank you Sir (FredMcD)for your reply. Your suggestion was of no help for me. The situation is still the same despite several attempts.
You obviously can not use Firefox like that. I guess Firefox did not survive the change of OS.
Please try a clean install. That involves deleting the original Firefox program files but leaving the profile files alone. Note it is best to use the standard Firefox 32bit version (At least for now)
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove your Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. This process does not remove your Firefox profile data (such as bookmarks and passwords), since that information is stored in a different location.
To do a clean reinstall of Firefox, please follow these steps: Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from mozilla.org (or choose the download for your operating system and language from this page) and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (or open the Firefox menu and click the close button ).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
More information about reinstalling Firefox can be found here.
WARNING: Do not use a third party uninstaller as part of this process. Doing so could permanently delete your Firefox profile data, including but not limited to, extensions, cache, cookies, bookmarks, personal settings and saved passwords. These cannot be easily recovered unless they have been backed up to an external device! See Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles.
Please report back to say if this helped you!