Chủ đề này đã được lưu trữ. Vui lòng hỏi một câu hỏi mới nếu bạn cần giúp đỡ.
Create a session backup
On numerous occasions, when I update to a new version of firefox or have a crash, I will lose my session restore capability. I know there's a way to create a backup of this, and would like to start doing so on a regular basis, but I'm not sure of what type of file to create and how to go about doing so. Thanks!
Tất cả các câu trả lời (5)
If you keep Firefox running most of the time, you could back up the following folder. I'm going to describe a quick way to access the folder and then you can copy the full path from the Windows explorer address bar.
Open your current Firefox settings (AKA Firefox profile) folder using either
- "3-bar" menu button > "?" button > Troubleshooting Information
- (menu bar) Help > Troubleshooting Information
- type or paste about:support in the address bar and press Enter
In the first table on the page, click the "Show Folder" button. This should launch a new window listing various files and folders in Windows Explorer.
Scroll down and double-click into the sessionstore-backups folder. The recovery.js file is your live session, and previous.js is, as the name suggests, your previous session. The other files generally are from when you instlaled various Firefox updates. You can back up these files daily.
Note, however, that when Firefox is closed, it removes recovery.js and creates sessionstore.js at the main level profile folder (the one that opened initially when you launched this window).
Does that help?
So I've tried to restore from the previous.js file when I had the crash/new version of firefox prob in the past, but it hasn't worked. 1.) Where should I save this file and 2.) Will it work if I'm saving thid elsewhere?
This is the general procedure for restoring a session history file (whether recovery.js or previous.js or one of the upgrade files):
(1) Exit Firefox normally. During shutdown, these changes should occur:
- recovery.js is moved from the sessionstore-backups folder to the main level of the profile folder and renamed to sessionstore.js
- recovery.bak is deleted from sessionstore-backups
(2) Once Firefox has stopped updating things, rename sessionstore.js to sessionstore.old
(3) Copy in the file you want to restore (your old previous.js in this case) and rename it to sessionstore.js -- Windows should show it right next to sessionstore.old in alphabetical order
(4) Start Firefox and it should read the "new" sessionstore.js and restore that session -- you might still need to use Restore Previous Session if it is not restored automatically, and check Recently Closed Windows for any missing windows
Where is the sessionstore-backups folder located? I've searched sessionstore and various other searches in my harddrive. I've looked in the options in firefox. I've generally searched mozilla and firefox on my hard drive. It's not in my profiles.
Did you try the method of getting to the folder that I described in this post: https://support.mozilla.org/questions/1092551#answer-802633
Firefox profiles are under a hidden path in your Windows profile. To show hidden files and folders and make them available in searches, see this Microsoft support article: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hidden-files