turn off site suggestions in new tab tiles
I like the new tab tiles. But I HATE the suggested sites. How do I turn it off???? Online they sat go to new-tab/cog/ & uncheck "include suggested sites"
but this phrase & box does not appear in the cog page!!!!!!! HELP.
Chi tiết hệ thống bổ sung
Phần bổ trợ đã cài đặt
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.8.20082
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 18.104.22.168
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- Chuỗi đại diện người dùng: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
Thông tin chi tiết
Người tạo câu hỏi
Sorry I found the box (Wrong Cog!)
But "Top Sites" is still checked so it's just rifling my history to still suggest sites.....ARG! (And I can't uncheck this!!!)
How do I stop ALL suggestions? I want a blank space that I can drag a site to when I want please.
The directory tiles that Firefox shows on the about:newtab page are saved in the directoryLinks.json file in the parent location of the disk cache.
If you want to remove the sponsored directory links on the about:newtab page then use these steps: You can set the browser.newtabpage.directory.source pref to an empty string on the about:config page.
- browser.newtabpage.directory.source = <empty>
- browser.newtabpage.directory.ping = <empty>
You can delete the directoryLinks.json file in the parent location of the disk cache to remove the currently stored directory links.
- delete directoryLinks.json
See the about:cache page for the location of the disk cache and go one level up.
You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. You can accept the warning and click "I'll be careful" to continue.
You can use this button to go to the current Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)
Hi, you can just drag sites from your bookmarks, which will replace the suggested ones.
Alternatively, try the add-on New Tab Tools.
If your question is resolved by this or another answer, please take a minute to let us know. Thank you.
Người tạo câu hỏi
Hello & thanks for your input.
Perhaps I have not been clear?
I don't understand most of your post Corel..... but it seems to relate to turning off sponsored links which I presume I have turned off by unchecking "include suggested sites"?
Scribe....I find that if I drag a tile to replace an unwanted suggestion (top site).... instead of that happening, everything jumps around instantly & something is deleted. It happens so fast I can't predict or determine which is deleted (I have 15). So, how do I turn off ALL suggestions so there are just blank, stable, tile-spaces that I can drag sites to?
Hi, make sure when you have dragged a bookmark to the New Tab page that it is pinned - if it is, moving tiles around to rearrange them should not delete them - if you want to delete one, click the 'x' in top right corner.
You might find it easiest, to drag bookmarks from the side bar (Ctrl + B).
More - Customize the New Tab page.
Hope that helps.