Chủ đề này đã được lưu trữ. Vui lòng hỏi một câu hỏi mới nếu bạn cần giúp đỡ.
I can't get rid of Yahoo as my homepage
Win 7 64 FireFox 10
I know how to set the home page. It's not working.
Tất cả các câu trả lời (3)
I notice that you use Firefox 10, a very old version. First of all, I advise you to upgrade your Firefox to the last version (39.0), mainly for security reasons.
The following instructions to set home page are for recent versions of Firefox only:
- Click on the menu button at the top right
- Select Options
- In Home page field, enter the website address you want as home page, www.yahoo.com for example
- Close the Options tab
You can get Firefox 39 here: https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/all/ (scroll down to your preferred language)
Check for malware and bad add-ons:
(1) Open the Windows Control Panel, Uninstall a Program. After the list loads, click the "Installed on" column heading to group the infections, I mean, additions, by date. This can help surface undisclosed bundle items that snuck in with some software you agreed to install. Be suspicious of everything you do not recognize/remember, as malware often uses important or innocent sounding names to discourage you from removing it. Take out as much trash as possible here.
Note: If you see Search Protect make sure to remove it.
(2) Open Firefox's Add-ons page using either:
- "3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons
- in the Windows "Run" dialog, type or paste
In the left column, click Plugins. Set nonessential and unrecognized plugins to "Never Activate".
In the left column, click Extensions. Then, if in doubt, disable (or Remove, if possible) unrecognized and unwanted extensions.
Often a link will appear above at least one disabled extension to restart Firefox. You can complete your work on the tab and click one of the links as the last step.
(3) You can search for remaining issues with the scanning/cleaning tools listed in our support article: Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware. These on-demand scanners are free and take considerable time to run. If they finish quickly and especially if they require payment, you may have a serious infection. I suggest the specialized forums listed in the article in that case.
You can try to update manually until you reach the current release. That will allow migration code to update the files in your profile folder and hopefully avoids dataloss.