Chủ đề này đã được lưu trữ. Vui lòng hỏi một câu hỏi mới nếu bạn cần giúp đỡ.
Ever since I moved to new PC with moving software to move most of the applications, firefox start clash almost always in just few minutes to several minutes of use with or without I am browsing or not.
I uninstalled and installed firefox does not make any difference. All the apps are the same, OS is both Win7 Pro 64bits. I have no idea how to correct this problem.
I am almost certainly reaching the point on giving up on the firefox use as this continues.
How to fix this?
Tất cả các câu trả lời (1)
Hi bnsboo, Sorry you are having problems.
Please do a clean install of Firefox. Make sure you use an official version, and note that is a 32bit version at present even for 64 bit Windows. The clean install involves removing the Program folders and files NOT your Mozilla Firefox profile files.
Try that you should get a fully working Firefox. We can sort out any customisation, passwords and bookmarks etc afterwards.
Please post back to say how you get on. Also please let us know do you still have the old working PC with Firefox on it ?
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from mozilla.org (or choose the download for your operating system and language from this page) and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (or open the Firefox menu and click the close button ).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
More information about reinstalling Firefox can be found here.
WARNING: Do not use a third party uninstaller as part of this process. Doing so could permanently delete your Firefox profile data, including but not limited to, extensions, cache, cookies, bookmarks, personal settings and saved passwords. These cannot be easily recovered unless they have been backed up to an external device! See Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles. Thank you.