Firefox periodially "restarts" All open tabs are closed, but the program itself remains running. Version 31 Windows 7 Pro x64
Firefox periodically closes all open tabs. The program itself remains running. The only open tab remaining is a home page tab which happens to be blank in my case. No error messages, just a quick blink and all the tabs are closed.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.67.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.8
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.11
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- DjVu browser plugin
- Picasa plugin
- AppWorld NPAPI plugin
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window
You can also check for issues caused by plugins and set all plugins to "Ask to Activate" on the "Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Plugins" page (plugins are not affected by Firefox Safe Mode)