Firefox opens a blank tab when I open a pdf in adobe.
First of all, I have already gone into the setting and disabled the pdf viewer in Firefox and have it set to open in Adobe. However, when I click on a pdf attachement in an email or anywhere, the pdf now opens in adobe BUT, firefox still opens a blank tab. How do I get this to stop?
The little icon near all my pdfs (in emails and everything) has the little firefox logo in it.
I just want pdf's to open in Adobe with no new tabs opening.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.10
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
Thông tin thêm
What is the value of the plugin.disable_full_page_plugin_for_types pref on the about:config page?
Does that still contain the default application/pdf value that is used to prevent a plugin from opening?
You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. You can accept the warning and click "I'll be careful" to continue.