Firefox 31.0 crashing with latest flash update
Hi. I recently upgraded to Firefox 31.0 and Flash 126.96.36.199. Since then I am unable to watch video files as a green screen appears and shortly thereafter a error message stating that Shockwave is still working or has stopped working and that I should click continue or stop the pluggin.
My mouse has also become slower since this upgrade and the fan on my graphic card really cranks up.
I am running Windows 7 32-bit OS. This problem did not exist prior to the upgrades.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.67.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash IDs to help us learn more about your crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A Submitted Crash Reports list will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 5 most recent Report IDs that start with bp- and then go back to your forum question and paste that into the "Post a Reply" box. (Please don't take a screenshot of your crashes, just copy and paste the ID's. The below image is just an example of what your Firefox screen should look like)
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
You can try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
You need to close and restart Firefox after toggling this setting.
You can check for problems with current Shockwave Flash plugin versions and try this:
- check for updates for your graphics drive drivers
- disable protected mode in the Flash plugin (Flash 11.3+ on Windows Vista and later)
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
Submitted Crash Reports Report ID Date Submitted e7b72d19-ca35-4abf-bb40-4fde9f1f85a6 20/08/2014 6:31 PM bp-140ae328-1040-485c-bfe6-586b22140820 20/08/2014 6:20 PM bp-a5ee6c93-6124-4ec5-9eba-f75212140820 20/08/2014 5:35 PM