Ця тема перенесена в архів. Якщо вам потрібна допомога, запитайте.
Search bar not responding on homepage
My homepage search bar is not responding in Firefox 59.02. How to fix? Tried safe mode, no extensions. Didn't help, still same problem.
I found the solution to my search bar malfunction was due to the page creator inadvertantly eliminated a java script that somehow controlled the search bar, Back in business now. Thanks for your help.Читати цю відповідь у контексті 👍 0
Усі відповіді (3)
Hi, first try 3-bar menu > Customise, and click Restore Defaults.
If that doesn't help, I'm going to suggest you try Refresh, but since it can very occasionally cause issues of its own - to be on the safe side, before you do it, I would backup your bookmarks: Open bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks > Import and Backup > Backup. Or, Export Bookmarks to HTML, and save them to somewhere convenient on your computer. Note that Backup will overwrite any existing bookmarks when you restore them. For extra safety, I'd suggest making both a Backup - which creates a JSON file, and an HTML file. You can instead backup all your data by copying your Profile, but this requires some technical expertise - Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles.
The Refresh feature (called "Reset" in older Firefox versions) can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your bookmarks, history, passwords, cookies, and other essential information.
Note: When you use this feature, you will lose any extensions, toolbar customizations, and some preferences. See the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article for more information.
To Refresh Firefox:
- Open the Troubleshooting Information page using one of these methods:
- Click the menu button , click help and select Troubleshooting Information. A new tab containing your troubleshooting information should open.
- If you're unable to access the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- At the top right corner of the page, you should see a button that says "Refresh Firefox" ("Reset Firefox" in older Firefox versions). Click on it.
- Firefox will close. After the refresh process is completed, Firefox will show a window with the information that is imported.
- Click Finish and Firefox will reopen.
Did this fix the problem? Please report back to us!
I found the solution to my search bar malfunction was due to the page creator inadvertantly eliminated a java script that somehow controlled the search bar, Back in business now. Thanks for your help.
Hi,Glad to hear that your problem has been resolved. If you haven't already, *Please select the answer that solves the problem*YOURS. This will help other users with similar problems find the solution more easily. Thank you for contacting Mozilla Support.