How do I make Google my default browser?
How do I make Google my default browser
Ek sistem ayrıntıları
Bu ne zaman oldu?
Firefox'u her açtığımda
Ne zaman olmaya başladı?
upgrade to Firefox
Yüklü yan uygulamalar
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Kullanıcı istemcisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0
This is my second inquiry
Why can't I get an communication from Mozilla when I have a problem?
You say you would like Google to be your default browser. I have to figure out if you mean:
1. You would like the website Google to be your Homepage when you launch Mozilla Firefox
2. You would like to use Google Chrome as your default browser
3. You would like your default search engine in the Mozilla Firefox browser to be Google
Please understand these three options are not the same thing. "Google" is not a browser, so it's difficult to answer your question without this clarification. Please let me know if I am being unclear.
Brandon tarafından tarihinde düzenlendi
İşe yarayan yanıt
This topic looks like it's still getting traffic, so I'll just provide some solutions to the possibilities I described above.
If you would like Google to be the Homepage, go to: http://www.google.com And click Ctrl+D (Windows) or Cmd+D (Mac)
If you would like Google Chrome to be your default browser, you will need to download and install Chrome. The download option includes a setting to make the browser your default browser. If you already have it installed, you will need to look in Chrome's settings for an option to make it your default browser.
If you would like to make Google your default search engine, if you're using the Search bar, you can just change the dropdown to Google. If you're using the URL bar ("Awesomebar") and the default is not Google, you'll have to do a little bit of manual settings editing in about:config. In a new tab, enter "about:config" into the URL Bar and, if necessary, click through the disclaimer that you'll be sure to be careful. Next, enter: browser.search.defaultenginename into the filter field. Double click the setting that appears and change whatever text is there to "Google".
I tried the about:config to get Google back as my default search engine to no avail. I followed your instructions exactly, but Babylon still pops up like a sore thumb.... I have uninstalled all babylon tools and programs and have restarted fire fox several times. to no avail. Please HELP!!!