Mozilla Destek’te Ara

Destek dolandırıcılığından kaçının. Mozilla sizden asla bir telefon numarasını aramanızı, mesaj göndermenizi veya kişisel bilgilerinizi paylaşmanızı istemez. Şüpheli durumları “Kötüye kullanım bildir” seçeneğini kullanarak bildirebilirsiniz.

Learn More

Mouse behavior is strange using Firefox lately -changes to scroll and opens tabs and links without clicking

  • 3 yanıt
  • 2 kişi bu sorunu yaşıyor
  • 625 gösterim
  • Son yanıtı yazan: SirKuma

more options

In perhaps the last 3 or 4 days, my mouse behaviour has become strange after opening Firefox. It starts out alright but then the mouse icon changes to the scroll icon and it automatically clicks on anything it hovers over, or opens new tabs up the top. It persists after deleting and reinstalling mouse and keyboard drivers and relocating the wireless receiver to other ports (Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard). I have deleted rebooted and eventually had to reinstall Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard as the issue persisted.

If I open the Vivaldi browser, I do not get any behaviour issues so long as Firefox remains closed.

I can't recall if Firefox update in the last few days. Opera browser gets the issues if Firefox is open or has been opened before it.

I seem to recall having this issue a number of years ago but my only memory of it at the time was to remove the Microsoft mouse software and run on windows standard drivers. This now seems to be associated with Firefox now.

Windows 10 64-bit latest. 4GB RAM, Dell Latitude E6400

Seçilen çözüm

Thank you. Driver is official from Microsoft. Malwarebytes did not discover anything. Windows installed a patch this morning as schedules, and then Windows disk cleanup was used to clean up system I deleted Firefox and cleaned out all remaining files. Opera did not have any abnormal behaviour without Firefox, Edge behaved well, Vivaldi continued to be unaffected and performing well as a backup.

I did a clean install of Firefox and the previous problems have not been exhibited for the past hour so I think that one or more of the above has fixed the issue.


Thank you for the mouse button suggestion. Vivaldi working as normal was the key to me thinking it was related to Firefox or a chrome extension. Could have been Windows too as there was an update, so lets be fair, but doesn't account for the Vivaldi browser being unaffected

Bu yanıtı konu içinde okuyun 👍 0

Tüm Yanıtlar (3)

more options

Hi, Microsoft Patch Tuesday today so patch and reboot before doing anything.

Did you get your drivers from the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre ? https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-ca/downloads/mouse-keyboard-center

Could you give yourself a scan please as malware can do the same thing : https://www.malwarebytes.com/

If clean please : uninstall Firefox. Then Delete the Mozilla Firefox Folders in C:\Program Files , C:\Program Files(x86) & C:\ProgramData Then restart system. Then run Windows Disk Cleanup. (Note: This should be Pinned and run Weekly, If never done below expect 10's of gig's) Then run it again and click the button that says Cleanup System Files. Note: your Firefox Profile is saved. But you should make a back up before you do :

Reinstall with Current Release Firefox 61.0.2 with a Full Version Installer

Please let us know if this solved your issue or if need further assistance.

more options

Could be a problem with a sticky left mouse button.

Do you have another mouse that you can try?

more options

Seçilen çözüm

Thank you. Driver is official from Microsoft. Malwarebytes did not discover anything. Windows installed a patch this morning as schedules, and then Windows disk cleanup was used to clean up system I deleted Firefox and cleaned out all remaining files. Opera did not have any abnormal behaviour without Firefox, Edge behaved well, Vivaldi continued to be unaffected and performing well as a backup.

I did a clean install of Firefox and the previous problems have not been exhibited for the past hour so I think that one or more of the above has fixed the issue.


Thank you for the mouse button suggestion. Vivaldi working as normal was the key to me thinking it was related to Firefox or a chrome extension. Could have been Windows too as there was an update, so lets be fair, but doesn't account for the Vivaldi browser being unaffected