Firefox's default home page has quick links to common features
This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
When you first start Firefox, click the home button or create a new window you're greeted with the home page. The default Firefox home page contains a handy default engine web search and quick links to downloads, bookmarks, history, add-ons, Sync and settings. Also, if you had tabs open the last time you used Firefox, you can restore them from the home page with a single click.
Table of Contents
How do I get the Firefox home page?
The default Firefox setting is to show you the Firefox home page when you start Firefox, click the home button or open a new window.
If you don't see this page when you start Firefox, click the home button or open a new window, you can restore the default setting like this:
- Click the menu button and choose . .
- Select the panel.
- In the Startup section, click
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
Access downloads, bookmarks, history, add-ons, Sync and settings from the home page
The default home page includes the following buttons at the bottom of the page:
- Downloads: Click here to open the list of your downloaded files in the library window.
- Bookmarks: This opens your bookmarks in the library window. See Bookmarks in Firefox for more information.
- History: This opens your browsing history in the library window. See Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox and How do I remove a single website from my history? for more information.
- Add-ons: Quickly access the add-ons manager. For more information, see Find and install add-ons to add features to Firefox.
- Sync: Click here to set up Sync and take your tabs and bookmarks with you. See How do I set up Sync on my computer? for details.
- Options:Preferences: Quickly access Firefox OptionsPreferences .
Restore your tabs and windows from the last time you used Firefox
If you had tabs and windows open when you closed Firefox, the default Firefox home page will have abutton. To get your tabs and windows back, just click it.