The latest Flash plug-in causes lag in Firefox 18
I play a lot of online Flash games in my brower, and I updated to FF 18 as soon as it became available. Followed by Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502 on the same day. 11.5.502.106 to be precise. The first thing I noticed was extreme lag in the games, as they slowed right down.
Closing FF and restarting helped a little, but only for a while as the lag then resumed.
I've since reverted to FIrefox 17.0.1, and Flash works with that just fine.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1247
- Winamp Application Detector
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1995
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Your schockwave flash is not uptodate, latest version is 184.108.40.2068
Please check if all your plugins are up-to-date. To do this, go to the Mozilla Plugin Check site.
Once you're there, the site will check if all your plugins have the latest versions. If you see plugins in the list that have a yellow Update button or a red Update now button, please update these immediately.
To do so, please click each red or yellow button. Then you should see a site that allows you to download the latest version. Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation and follow the steps mentioned in the installation procedure.
WTH is this?
I do not have "Java". Why in Gods green earth, would you trick people into installing it?
You had an old version of Java on your PC, and it got disabled.
I NEVER had java on here.
Neither did alot of unsuspecting people that actually installed it not knowing any better.