The latest Flash plug-in causes lag in Firefox 18
I play a lot of online Flash games in my brower, and I updated to FF 18 as soon as it became available. Followed by Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502 on the same day. 11.5.502.106 to be precise. The first thing I noticed was extreme lag in the games, as they slowed right down.
Closing FF and restarting helped a little, but only for a while as the lag then resumed.
I've since reverted to FIrefox 17.0.1, and Flash works with that just fine.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.527
- Winamp Application Detector
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2065
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Your schockwave flash is not uptodate, latest version is 18.104.22.1688
Please check if all your plugins are up-to-date. To do this, go to the Mozilla Plugin Check site.
Once you're there, the site will check if all your plugins have the latest versions. If you see plugins in the list that have a yellow Update button or a red Update now button, please update these immediately.
To do so, please click each red or yellow button. Then you should see a site that allows you to download the latest version. Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation and follow the steps mentioned in the installation procedure.
The plug in page begs to differ...
Shockwave Flash Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502 11.5.502.146 Up to Date
Modified by jcanth
WTH is this?
I do not have "Java". Why in Gods green earth, would you trick people into installing it?
You had an old version of Java on your PC, and it got disabled.
I NEVER had java on here.
Neither did alot of unsuspecting people that actually installed it not knowing any better.