I cannot update Firefox and update any plugin. Message prompt: "This links need to be opened with an application". What should I do?
I have problem downloading application files including updating Firefox and Adobe plugin and any online games. There is always this message prompt as below:
This link needs to be opened with an application. Send to: "c:\Program Files (x86)\Media Finder\MF.exe" "%1"
Please advise what to do.
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20110902 Firefox/3.6.22
looks like no one can solve this issue. I am now using internet explorer instead, at least I could get the software and other applications downloaded.
i have this problem too!!!
just remove / uninstall add-on Media finder or remove it from extensions :)
upgrade your browser to Firefox 8 and check