Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Bugs: Multi-Account containers and *.mozilla.org

  • 1 ప్రత్యుత్తరం
  • 0 ఈ సమస్యలు కలిగి ఉన్నాయి
  • 17 వీక్షణలు
  • చివరి సమాధానమిచ్చినది jscher2000 - Support Volunteer

more options

I love Multi-Account containers and use the extension daily, but Ive noticed two bugs: I created a new container specifically for Mozilla. I loaded up support.mozilla.org and addons.mozilla.org in separate "No Container" tabs; go to the URL bar, left-click "Always open this site in ..." and assign to the new Mozilla container. Those two tabs open up on the proper container as expected. However:

Bug #1 On either site, if I right-click on a link and tell it open in a different container, it'll happy do so -- when it should prompt with the "Open up in assigned container" and "remember my decision".

Bug #2 This deals with results from about:addons. If I enter in search text for "Find more add-ons" the resulting tab opens up in no container.

I thought: eh, I'll close the browser, re-open, re-do the container assignments -- yeah I did that twice for fun. Still not working as expected.

I love Multi-Account containers and use the extension daily, but Ive noticed two bugs: I created a new container specifically for Mozilla. I loaded up support.mozilla.org and addons.mozilla.org in separate "No Container" tabs; go to the URL bar, left-click "Always open this site in ..." and assign to the new Mozilla container. Those two tabs open up on the proper container as expected. However: Bug #1 On either site, if I right-click on a link and tell it open in a different container, it'll happy do so -- when it should prompt with the "Open up in assigned container" and "remember my decision". Bug #2 This deals with results from about:addons. If I enter in search text for "Find more add-ons" the resulting tab opens up in no container. I thought: ''eh, I'll close the browser, re-open, re-do the container assignments'' -- yeah I did that twice for fun. Still not working as expected.

న S.A. Birl చే మార్చబడినది

ప్రత్యుత్తరాలన్నీ (1)

more options

I have not tested this myself on any Mozilla sites, but I have a speculation:

Some Mozilla sites (including the Add-ons site) are restricted: add-ons are not given host permissions to those sites. This prevents them from injecting scripts into their pages, but it may also prevent them from detecting and modifying navigation to those site before it loads. Seems logical considering that those sites have elevated access to Firefox and there would be some risks to allowing monkeying with their requests.

If you want a more authoritative answer, or potentially an update to the add-on, their "Issues" list is over here:

https://github.com/mozilla/multi-account-containers/issues