I installed Firefox 50.0 with no add-ons or extensions. I've never had Firefox on this laptop. I didn't change any settings except to import my bookmarks/favorite… (மேலும் படிக்க)
I installed Firefox 50.0 with no add-ons or extensions. I've never had Firefox on this laptop. I didn't change any settings except to import my bookmarks/favorites from Internet Explorer.
I am using a Windows 10 Professional HP Envy laptop. I have a full-sized USB keyboard. Using Kaspersky Internet Security.
The problem I am having is that when Firefox is running, periodically my keyboard stops working on OTHER applications that are running.
How I recreate this is:
1. Restart Windows.
2. Launch an application. For example, in my scenario, it is any of a Remote Desktop session, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and/or Skype.
All is working fine, keyboard-wise. And has always worked fine as far as I know. This includes the USB keyboard and the laptop keyboard.
3. Launch Firefox and visit, say, this page or GMail or any site really.
After a period of time, minutes or even up to an hour, suddenly any typing I perform in, say my Remote Desktop or in Word will just stop. For example, I type "the" and "the" doesn't enter in to Word or Remote Desktop or any other application that is running. All applications just stop accepting keyboard input. Any keys - letter or numbers or number pad numbers just don't register.
It will remain this way until the moment I close Firefox. The moment I do, all applications begin responding to keyboard input.
If I redo this scenario, it will occur again minutes or even an hour later.
Things I tried but didn't resolve this. I restarted my laptop before each attempt.
1. Searching here.
2. Reinstalling Firefox.
3. A new keyboard.
4. Use the laptop keyboard.
5. Visiting ONLY ONE page to see if it could be magically related to a specific web page, say GMail or a news site.
6. Searching the internet for "firefox keyboard stops working" which does have related hits with the most current that I've found being 2009. None of the things I found there or here seem to have helped.
The only thing that DID work was not using Firefox.
If I don't run Firefox the problem does not appear. The longest I've gone between restarts is 36 hours so I can't say "never", only that the problem hasn't appeared. I sometimes hibernate or sleep in those gaps. If I run Firefox, the problem will appear within one hour, which is what leads me to think the problem is somehow Firefox related.
Thank you in advance!