I have just switched back to Firefox 3.6 after struggling too difficulty to get the look and features I want out of Firefox 4, which is amazing since they are the same pr… (மேலும் படிக்க)
I have just switched back to Firefox 3.6 after struggling too difficulty to get the look and features I want out of Firefox 4, which is amazing since they are the same product.
1. First off, Firefox 4 is ugly on Windows XP. It lacks colour, and the colour it does get to the left of https websites is in start contrast now.
2. The bookmarks toolbar is huge. It is as wide as my widest link. In Firefox 3.6, it is set to a default length - as are my RSS feeds. This results in an extremely ugly bookmarks navigation. I have found no way to resolve this in about:config or elsewhere.
3. I cannot install add-ons. I am amazed I got "status-4-evar" to install, as it continually tells me I am running Firefox 3. I disabled everything I have as an add-on and an extension and it does not change.
4. A HUGE feature for me, the arrow next to back/forward. I loved this feature. It was insanely useful, especially when using multiple windows, to track which window had gone where. In conjunction with the history bar, it made Firefox into a very powerful browser. It is completely missing from Firefox 4 and I do not want to regress.
5. I do not believe Google Toolbar works. This isn't exactly a Firefox issue, and Google Toolbar is a clumsy piece of software, but I do use it.
How can these issues all be resolved in Firefox 4? Only then will I be able to use it.