This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I'm having a problem with one of my computers where Firefox immediately crashes on start. I cannot start it even in safe mode and I've tried all the ways I could find.
The installed version is 25.0.1 but this problem happens for a long time.I've been installing and unistalling new versions to see if the problem is solved.
The last error is: bp-be57227f-f903-4936-bf7b-5a38a2131123
related to Bug# 812683 - fixed in Firefox 26.0Read this answer in context 👍 1
All Replies (4)
related to Bug# 812683 - fixed in Firefox 26.0
Hello, Can you please confirm a couple of things so that we can narrow down the issue
- You mentioned that this has been happening always - does this mean you were never able to use Firefox?
- You mentioned that Firefox doesn't even startup in Safe Mode. In this case what is the error you are seeing
- Can you please let us know if you have IE10 installed on the same machine where you are seeing this issue
- Also, can you please confirm if you have the latest version of Flash installed
- And from the crash report we notice that you are using Nvidia as the graphics card - can you please provide few more details on this graphic card
There is one issue that is similar to the one you have reported and is targeted for Firefox 27 - 812683-Crash in _d2d_clear_surface. And as per one of the recent comment, uninstalling the ASUS Gamer OSD and then installing Firefox seemed to have helped.
Could you please try that and let us know the results.
I've installed it and for the moment has launched and it's running.
Best regards, José Elias StockPhotosArt.com
Thanks for your answer. At this moment the problem appears to be solved with the installation of version 26 (beta).
Yet to answer some of your questions, I've used Firefox in that pc maybe until a couple years back when this problem started.
The error in the start, even safe mode, is just a window mentioning that the error occurred, to report it and the e-mail address for the answer. Answer that I never received in all these years despite all the attempts in installing new versions and consecutive errors and reports...
This happened before windows 10 I think and I have updated flash.
Thanks for the Asus Gamer tip. If something happens again I'll try it.