This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
How do I remove an unauthorized search engine from my firefox (DO searches)
I recently have had this search engine (DO searches) appear instead of the regular Firefox page. It started after I uninstalled the AVG search engine which also appeared by itself.
All Replies (2)
In order to uninstall a possibly unwanted extension, please do the following:
- From the Firefox window click the Firefox button at the top left and select Add-ons, or, if the Firefox button is not shown, click the Tools menu and click Add-ons.
- Once the Add-on Manager has opened in a new tab, click the Extensions button on the left side of the window.
- You should now see a list of your installed extensions on the right side together with buttons on the right side of each extension.
- To remove an extension from Firefox, simply click the Remove button. You should see a message that informs you about the successful removal of the add-on.
- Note that some add-ons require a Firefox restart to be removed completely. To perform a Firefox restart after the add-on removal, click the Restart now link in the message.
You can find further information about uninstalling extensions in the following articles:
In order to change the default search engine or the order of search engines in the top right search box in Firefox, please perform the following steps:
- Move the mouse cursor inside the search box at the top right of the Firefox window and click the down arrow next to the provider's logo.
- If you would like to select another search engine, simply pick the engine from the dropdown list.
In order to change the order of the search engines, do this:
- From the dropdown list, select Manage Search Engines....
- In the upcoming window, you have all your search engines listed. To change the order, simply click one search engine and then select Move up or Move down from the buttons on the right side in order to change the order of the search engines.