This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Facebook loads text only, no graphics, very slow
I have had no previous problems with loading Facebook until today. The page loads with text only, flush left, no graphics, and it loads very slowly.
I have deleted my cache, history, cookies. I have restarted in Firefox Safe Mode. Nothing has worked.
As far as I know I am running the latest versions of Java and Flash Player.
All Replies (3)
Here is THE REAL SOLUTION! (2 STEPS ONLY)
(Help > Troubleshooting Information > Reset Firefox) After the reset is finished, your old Firefox profile information will be placed on your desktop in a folder named "Old Firefox Data.
2-Copy all those files and folders in that folder EXCEPT "cert8.db" file. Then paste them in to "C:\Users\YOUR_OWN_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\BLAH_BLAH_BLAH.default-BLAH_BLAH_BLAH"
Reload the webpage while bypassing the cache using one of the following steps:
- Hold down the Shift key and click the Reload button with a left click.
- Press Ctrl + F5 or Ctrl + Shift + R (Windows and Linux)
- Press Command + Shift + R (Mac)
Let us know if this solves the issues you are having. _________________________________________________________________________
Many site issues can also be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Go to Firefox > History > Clear recent history or (if no Firefox button is shown) go to Tools > Clear recent history.
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the Clear now button.
Further information can be found in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!