How to create a desktop shortcut that includes UserID and Password
I would like to know how to add my User ID and Password to allow seamless login to a site by using the userid and password
I have an existing shortcut and would like FF to open and login to the site with one "double-click"
I do appreciate that it is a security risk to do this, but the information on this site poses no risk for me if someone that has authorized access to my personal computer, click on this shortcut.
I will appreciate any help to assist me in doing this.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.1995
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- LogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Components
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
First save the username and password in Firefox, if you wan't make use of master key password to protect your login.
Create a desktop shortcut to a website
Thanks for the advice, but the website does not give the option to save the password, hence my question
Any other way I can perhaps in the properties specify that?
Some websites use autocomplete=off to prevent Firefox from saving and filling the name and password.
You can remove autocomplete=off with a bookmarklet to make Firefox save the name and password.
iamjayakumars மூலமாக திருத்தப்பட்டது
You will probably have to use a script in Greasemonkey or Scriptish to achieve this.
You can try to ask advice in the Userscripts.org forum.