how do I remove ask.com
I have ask.com as a search engine. I tried deleting by uninstalling it but it is still there although uninstalled. I have uninstalled Firefox butt it comes back when I reload it. I am asking this question as a last resort as if I can't get rid of it I will start using Safari for my internet
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Picasa plugin
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Hi geohod, try the Chosen solution by cor-el from the next link : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/926741
Additionally, the Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
If the problem persists, you can right-click the taskbar > Start Task Manager, click the Processes tab > Show processes from all users. You can then search online for suspicious Image Name and try uninstalling the external Windows program behind the suspicious name via Start menu or Windows Control Panel > Programs and Features, or at least make settings changes in the external Windows program. The dedicated security forums will be helpful:
dumdidadida மூலமாக திருத்தப்பட்டது
Hi Geohod - while the above solutions are helpful, I can make it a lot easier for you. To remove Ask.com search tools from Firefox, just follow the instructions we publish right here on our site:
If you need any other support, our team would love to hear from you via this link:
Best regards, Eric Ask.com
EricFromAsk.com மூலமாக திருத்தப்பட்டது
This reply from a representative of Ask.com requires that I click on a link with suffix .ly.
What country is that?
Why am I going to click on a link like that from a corporation that installs itself into my browser without explicit intent?
That is one of the sites that offer the possibility to make tiny URLs.
You will arrive here:
Does anyone expect me to run a "removal utility" (and restart my pc) from a vendor that plants a search engine into my browser without any removal option at all but its' own removal utility that I find after putting much efforts to find? Has anyone found more reliable solution?