How to revert to firefox 3.6? Firefox 4 does not work with plugins
I have updated to firefox 4. Several plugins do not work such as McAfee Security but Windows Media Player plugin does not work. I have uninstalled firefox 4 and Media Player plugin. I reinstalled everything but the Media Player plugin failed again. The screen just remains blank. The blank screen occurs when testing Media Player using the Mozilla test link. I would like to go back to firefox 3.6 since I cannot use firefox 4 with all the problems but I cannot find any archived versions.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1990
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Loki Plugin v.3.1.0.05
- Reader Library Helper Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
If downloaded files get corrupted then you need to check your Anti-virus software.
Firefox closes the file during the download after saving each chunk of data to prevent dataloss in case of problems and that may cause anti-virus software to think that the download has finished.
If real-time scanning is enabled then the anti-virus software can start scanning and locking the file prematurely and make it impossible for Firefox to continue and finish the download process.
All versions his here :