How can I force pop-ups being opened in a new tab
We've a new software which always opens a pop-up window when clicking on the Java links. The content of such a re-sizable window perfectly fits into a new tab. I'd like to force those new windows into a new tab. Pop-up blocker is active and that internal site is in the exception list. So it would be nice to have an option field for that in the general settings or in the Pop-up blocker settings. This is no bug, but could be a new feature of Firefox (like in IE). Thanks &
Kind regards, Peter Marbler
Additional System Details
எப்பொழுது இது துவங்கப்பட்டது...
Using the special software
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_10 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
The easy way is to install 'Tab mix plus' addon and under 'links' set 'Java script & pop up restriction' to 'open all pop ups in tabs'. You can also use https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tab-mix-plus/ to tweak a bunch of other tab settings. There is always about:config but more often than not there is the easy way, an addon that will do it for you.