I cannot update to ffox 3.6.8 with my Mac OSX.3.9. Message is always: "corrupt image". I currently run ffox 184.108.40.206. Everything worked fine up to a few days ago. Now I can't forward or send emails. I can receive emails.
I cannot send or forward email. Nor can I update my ffox 220.127.116.11 to ffox 3.6.8 as I am urged to do everytime I go into Hotmail. All was fine until recently. Any ffox download, regardless of number, always reads "corrupt image".
Every time Firefox opened
== last week
Additional System Details
- -Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Provides support for Digital Rights Management
- Provides support for Windows Media.
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r47
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r16
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in (CFM)
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 8.5.1
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/22.214.171.124
The last version of Firefox that works on OS X 10.3.9 is firefox 126.96.36.199, which you can get from ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/188.8.131.52/mac/en-US/ The new version of Hotmail will not work with Firefox 2.
Microsoft have recently updated their Hotmail service, and in the process changed the minimum system requirements. For Firefox the change was to require at least Firefox 3, which will not run on your OS.
I do not know if there is a compatible browser for OS X 10.3.9 that will work with the new version of Hotmail. There have been a lot of issues and complaints about the new version of Hotmail, the following 2 forum threads on the Microsoft support site give some details: Issues with New Windows Live Hotmail - first thread Issues with New Windows Live Hotmail- second thread