How can I get to my "lost" bookmarks in less than 5 minutes?
Firefox upgraded my system without my permission. Now the last bookmark, with my most recent searches, is missing. I don't have hours and hours to go through hundreds of articles looking for the "secret" to where you hid them. Put them back and leave my system alone.
Additional System Details
- -Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- npmnqmp 071505000006
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/2008092414 Firefox/3.0.3
Are you dealing from a full deck? You posted here with a version of Firefox that was last "updated" almost two years ago.
See this article. Hope you're a speed reader and a whiz at comprehension, 'cause 5 minutes is a tough demand to meet - LOL. https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Lost+Bookmarks
Well, probably not. At my age a few cards may have been lost along the way! Anyway thanks for your time and trouble. One question? What's two years if the system is working just fine?
For one thing, Firefox 3.6 has a new feature where the Profile folder can be opened thru a new Menu item called Troubleshooting Information, which is located in the Help menu. That feature makes it a lot easier to get to where your personal data like Bookmarks are stored. For another, there have been a lot of stability fixes since 3.0.3 which lessen the chance of losing your bookmarks to begin with.
I lost a few myself over the last 6 decades, and many of those that are left are pretty dog-eared, but I started with a Canasta deck.