realplayer won't download videos
I downloaded Firefox 3.6.4 today, and am not able to go to various sites as i did prior to the download, to successfully access the "download this video" in realplayer SP. It works fine in IE8, but i like to use FireFox. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Every time Firefox opened
== i downloaded the latest version 3.6.4
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- Default Plug-in
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100611 Firefox/3.6.4 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I am not able to download videos from my favorite sites as i was prior to the upgrade, not sure why firefox 3.6.4 is not working properly, but the "Download" feature does not show up allowing me to download/save videos to realplayer sp
this happens every time they come out with a new version of firefox they really need to fix this it's rather annoying...
Thankfully,a simple solution to this problem has been posted at https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/707460?
Mozilla needs to either make a fix to this or notify Real Player about the problem, but they need to address it one way or another and not rely on users of Mozilla to fix every problem the have every time they update or many will switch from Mozilla to another browser again!
Hi,guys! Here the solution!!!
I have same problems.
I have same problem too. My Firefox version is 3.6.6
the same thing had happened to me as well therefore, at this time, I'm simply waiting for a fix so, I'll use IE8 briefly ujntil then..
I had the same problem until I found this solution:
This worked for me
type about:config in the address bar Then in the filter box type dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npswf32.dll.
Then change the value to false.
When i downloaded the latest version of firefox i lost the ability to download videos from youtube
The cure DuncanM gave worked for me.
I am changing to IE now. I have used firefixe for some time now, but I need to use the Real player feature to much. Sorry firefox people... :(
I have the latest version of Firefox as well as the most recent version of real player. I cannot find an add-on for real player downloader, though, in the list of add-ons.
Folks here mention version 3.6.6. I seem to have version 5.0 and the realplayer download feature doesn't work for me either. : (
Any solution yet???
RealPlayer - (32-bit) - v 184.108.40.206
Seems that on my Plugins tab all are enabled but on my Extension tab "RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin 15.0.1" is disabled with no way for me to enable it. I have updated both Firefox and RealPlayer.
I too use this feature a lot and hope there is a solution soon.
Have a Good One, Dave