Firefox Font is Big
Currently the fonts at the top of the page (tab headers, address bar, search bar, booksmarks) are all set to a larger font. I don't know how they got changed but they are too big now. If I try change font size and style in settings nothing happens. It is not how it looked on first install and using another browser has font sizes of a more practical size. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Firebox and also doing a refresh and it doesn't change anything.
Its almost like a bug that has made Firefox set these fonts larger than they should and not able to modifying them again.
I cannot for the life of me work out how to fix this and its very off putting to the point, short of a full OS reinstall I'll have to start using another browser.
All Replies (4)
Did you try to zoom out the website?
To enlarge the size of the displayed content, press both keys Ctrl (Windows, Linux)/command (Mac) and + at the same time. To reduce the size of the displayed content, press Ctrl (Windows, Linux)/command (Mac) and - at the same time. To reset the size back to default, press Ctrl (Windows, Linux)/command (Mac) and 0 at the same time.
For more information you can refer to this link: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/font-size-and-zoom-increase-size-of-web-pages
Hope it helps you!
I suggest you to try the following steps:
1. Click on new tab, type about:config in the search bar and press Enter. A message will show up on your screen , Click the Accept the Risk and Continue button.
2) Type the word devp in the "Search preference name" search bar.
3) Press on the pen icon on the right side of layout.css.devPixelsPerPx, then change its value to 1.5 or 2.0 and press enter. (Note: Do not enter over 2.0, larger number will enlarge font sizes.)
4) There you go! Hopefully it works for you.
As in my original post, it is not the website text. That text is fine. It is the text of firefox itself in the tabs, web address and bookmark information.
You can set layout.css.devPixelsPerPx to 1.0 (default is -1) on the about:config page. Adjust its value in 0.1 or 0.05 steps like 1.1 to enlarge or 0.9 or 0.95 to reduce until icons/text looks right. You may need values above 2.0 if you have a high resolution display but make sure not to use values too large or too small, so double check the value before you click the OK button.
- modifying layout.css.devPixelsPerPx affects user interface and webpages (global zoom)
Firefox has a Zoom section in Settings to set the default zoom level for webpages.
- Settings -> General -> Language and Appearance -> Zoom
You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. If you get the warning page, you can click the "Accept the Risk and Continue" button.
cor-el மூலமாக திருத்தப்பட்டது