Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Push buttons disabled by default

  • 9 பதிலளிப்புகள்
  • 1 இந்த பிரச்சனை உள்ளது
  • Last reply by a_raghuram

A particular webpage (see link below) has 2 "Choose File" push buttons at the bottom right of the page, which are disabled when opened in Firefox. However, it is enabled by default when opened in Chromium. Please let me know the reason and how to get over it.


தீர்வு தேர்ந்தெடுக்கப்பட்டது

Ok, then I am closing the case. Thanks.

Read this answer in context 👍 0

All Replies (9)

Make sure you are not blocking content.

Start Firefox in Safe Mode {web link}

A small dialog should appear. Click Start In Safe Mode (not Refresh). Is the problem still there?

I had already tried that before posting the problem. While posting the problem yesterday, I forgot to mention that the cursor head changes to clickable (i.e. enabled) when I position it on the top border line of the push button object. However, in other parts of the push button area the cursor is disabled (i.e. unclickable). This does not happen while using Chromium. I have also tried on Microsoft Edge in Windows and it works well. I did not try with any other browser.

Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache.

Warning ! ! This will log you out of sites you're logged in to. You may also lose any settings for that website.

I see these buttons disabled as well.

Did you already filled all required fields in the above form ans that might be necessary to unlock these buttons ?

Yes, I did clear the cookies and cache as well as filled all the fields but it still remains unclickable.

OK. I see what is wrong.
If you click the Choose buttons then there is an onclick handler that want to click a hidden (display:none) Browse button ($().trigger('click')). This doesn't seem to work in Firefox when this Browse control is hidden.

You can open the Web Console (Ctrl+Shift+K) and paste this code in the command line and press the Enter key to get these fields in the DOM.


Thanks. That solved the problem for that page in the current session. But, how to permanently fix this issue, so that I don't face the same problem in future in some other web page.

You're welcome.

Each case when a web page isn't compatible with Firefox is different and needs its own recipe to fix it, so you need to look at each case to see if and how this should be fixed.

தீர்வு தேர்ந்தெடுக்கப்பட்டது

Ok, then I am closing the case. Thanks.