Cannot sign into gmail accounts
Hi! I've been experiencing an issue for the last couple months. When attempting to sign in to Google, the 'Next' button doesn't seem to do anything. It still changes colour when clicked, but doesn't actually to do anything. There's no error message or anything. This also happens when I click 'Forgot email?' and click on either of the options under 'Create account'. I've also not been able to login to a bunch of random sites, but they haven't caused as much inconvenience.
I'm able to sign into Google and all other places when I'm on a private tab however. Since it still works with a private tab, I'm thinking it could be my settings somehow?
All Replies (1)
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- (Firefox 57 and above) Click the Library button
and choose History.
(Click the menu button and choose History in older Firefox versions.)
- In the History menu, choose "Clear Recent History...".
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the "Clear Now" button.
Further information can be found in the Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox article.
Hope this helps.