When I ctrl+click or select open link in new tab the link does not automatically load, can anyone help?
I just checked about:config, browser.tabs.loadInBackground is set to true. The URL will be displayed in the new tab, I can click in the address bar then hit enter and the page, link, pic, etc will open... any suggestions will be much appreciated.
Additional System Details
Open h264 video codec and widevine content decryption module
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0
Sorry, I should have worded the body of my post, middle of line two, as "...the page, link, pic, etc will load...".
This is a really odd (and I'm sure quite frustrating) problem
Just so you know, browser.tabs.loadInBackground shouldn't affect how quickly a tab loads. It actually has the same effect as the "When you open a link in a new tab, switch to it immediately" setting.
Have you tried the usual troubleshooting steps, like resetting Firefox? This could be a good place to start.
The Refresh feature (called "Reset" in older Firefox versions) can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your bookmarks, history, passwords, cookies, and other essential information.
Note: When you use this feature, you will lose any extensions, toolbar customizations, and some preferences. See the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article for more information.
To Refresh Firefox:
- Open the Troubleshooting Information page using one of these methods:
- Click the menu button , click help and select Troubleshooting Information. A new tab containing your troubleshooting information should open.
- If you're unable to access the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- At the top right corner of the page, you should see a button that says "Refresh Firefox" ("Reset Firefox" in older Firefox versions). Click on it.
- Firefox will close. After the refresh process is completed, Firefox will show a window with the information that is imported.
- Click Finish and Firefox will reopen.
Did this fix the problem? Please report back to us!
I tried it and still no working for me ;/