I have installed Firefox on a new computer and signed into my firefox account. I have enabled show bookmarks tool bart but they do not appear.
I have installed Firefox on a new computer and signed into my firefox account. I have enabled show bookmarks tool but they do not appear. On my old computer they are there as usual.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0
Hi steve.alexander001, This article should help: Restore bookmarks from backup or move them to another computer
Thank you but this doesn't fix that the bookmarks are not synching either
It appears from your question, that you are using Firefox Sync as a back up service. This is not what Sync is designed to do. The Firefox Sync service takes a copy of the data you wish to include and transfers it to a second device (typically a mobile device such as a tablet or a telephone) running a copy of Firefox. The storage in between all attached devices is both temporary and fragile and is not stable enough to be (and is not designed as) a reliable backup service.
If you have a copy of your Firefox profile for desktop Firefox, you may be able to recover your bookmarks and other data. Please have a read of this article.
If you have a copy of your data on a mobile version of Firefox, please follow these instructions to connect it to Firefox Sync to copy your data.
Thank you but I am not using it as backup I have two computers running FF and it is my understanding that if I add a bookmark to one it should synch to the other. This is not happening. One computer has all my bookmarks - but nothing is synching to the other, despite the fact both are logged in to FF
You can open about:sync-log via the location bar to see if there is a recent log available. You can upload a recent log if the log is too big to put in a reply.
Can you create new bookmarks on the Bookmarks Toolbar yourself on the new computer?
See if your Bookmark Backups are available to be restored.
Open Bookmarks Library with Ctrl+Shift+B Click on Import and Backup Hover your cursor over Restore There should be 15 backups available to restore.
You can use a removable USB jump drive to transfer data.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (passwords) and key4.db (58+) or key3.db (57 and older) (decryption key) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
if you only have key3.db then make sure to remove an existing key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) or cert8.db (57 and older) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
if you only have cert8.db then make sure to remove an existing cert9.db
- persdict.dat for words you added to the spelling checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)
You can use the button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page.
- Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Directory:
Windows: Show Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
I need the bookmarks to update automaticlly like they should; not have to copy them over manually. When I create a bookmark on the new computer it appears on my other two, but not vice versa. If I cant fix it I will have to reluctantly go back to Chrome.