How do I set the bookmarks to be the default view in the left navigation pane
It keeps defaulting to history and when I change it it doesn't stick
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 29.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0
Hi helenerothcpa, I don't know of a way to set the default for purposes of the Sidebars toolbar button. I would expect it to show the last used sidebar...no?
I mostly use Ctrl+b to open the Bookmarks Sidebar. Could you try that and see what you think?
Sites that have a rich text editor may intercept Ctrl+b to make text bold. In that case, you'll need to use another method, for example:
- Click the Sidebars button
- (menu bar) View > Sidebar > Bookmarks
- Add the optional Bookmarks Menu button ( ), which has "View Bookmarks Sidebar" as the first command.
To add that button, either:
(A) Use the Customize panel (Customize Firefox controls, buttons and toolbars) to drag the icon to the desired spot on the toolbar
(B) Use the method from Bookmarks in Firefox - section entitled: How do I add the Bookmarks Menu button to the toolbar?
- Click the "Library" button:
- Click "Bookmarks"
- Click "Bookmarking Tools"
- Click "Add Bookmarks Menu to Toolbar"
jscher2000 மூலமாக திருத்தப்பட்டது
As I said in the original post, I have no problem getting to the bookmarks. I would like to set it as the default sidebar, as it defaults to history.
How do you open the sidebar now?