Auto-update feature for school use
Is there a way that school administrators can set Firefox to automatically update, without having to provide admin credentials each time? This would make it significantly easier for them, and would encourage them to install FF by default, which they often don't do.
If this isn't currently a feature, are there efforts to get there already? Or a feature request I can watch? Otherwise, where could I go to request it myself?
Additional System Details
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 15.009.20069
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- Provides information about the default web browser
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Meeting Join Plug-in
- Testgen plugin
- Enables the interaction of Mathematica content with the latest installed version of Mathematica.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.11; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0
Yes, that can be controlled thru the operating system, but that topic is beyond the scope of this end-user support forum.
Please see this support article: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/where-go-developer-support
Specifically - Post a question to the Mozilla Developer Network's Stack Overflow page. Someone there should be able to provide guidance to you that you can forward to your IT staff. But keep in mind that your IT department might be unwilling to more than double the amount of work they have to do.