This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
wife using Firefox up to ~1800, Firefox working; husband returned to computer after dinner ~1900, Firefox only & always displays Crash Report when start is attempted. Did uninstall/reinstall, still get only crash reports when start attempted
latest Crash ID: bp-2241254d-13ef-4348-81f6-185822160615 but that's dated in June & problem is today
All Replies (2)
Date Processed 2016-06-15 16:55:51
Signature: hang | GetFileAttributesA
Process Type plugin Shockwave Flash Version: 18.104.22.168
The report is very old and may not be what your problem is. Do you have any current reports?
Security Issue: Update your Flash Player Note: Windows users should download the active_x for Internet Explorer. and the plugin for Plugin-based browsers (like Firefox).
Note: Windows 8 and Windows 10 have built-in flash players and Adobe will cause a conflict. Install the plugin only. Not the active_x.
Flash Player Version: 22.214.171.124 Flash Player (Linux) Version 126.96.36.1992
https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ Direct link scans current system and browser Note: Other software is offered in the download.
https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ Step 1: Select Operating System Step 2: Select A Version (Firefox, Win IE . . . .) Note: Other software is offered in the download.
See if there are updates for your graphics drivers https://support.mozilla.org/kb/upgrade-graphics-drivers-use-hardware-acceleration
We're sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing when you open it. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- On the keyboard, press [Windows] + [R]. This should bring up a Run window that contains a text field.
- In that text field, type %APPDATA% and press Enter. An explorer window should open.
- From that explorer window, double-click on the Mozilla folder, then double-click on Firefox and then on Crash reports. Double-click on submitted.
- Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Go to View > Arrange Icons by > Modified to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
- Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID with bp- into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
You can find more information and troubleshooting steps in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.