On 10/19/15 found computer was on & a PC Cleanup site was going over my comp 4 what looked like 10 hours. My browser was Moz Firefox & now Palikan.com took over
Hello, I cam home from work, the computer was logged off from prior evening, however, it was up and running with a PC Cleanup type site I had never seen before running scans! I always default to Mozilla Firefox, but now it defaults to Palikan.com for a search engine and not firefox. What happened? and how can I remove Palikan.com? I went to the Control Panel to see about removing the new program and it is not listed in programs. They say virus sites dont detect because it attaches to a already trusted program...but it knocked Firefox out. Your Logo is still avail to click on, but Palikan starts up. I pasted the link below. Please advise and assist. Thank you in advance. Lillie G. C.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.5"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
Those type programs like to hide. In e-mails, installers . . . . .
You may have ad / mal-ware. Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Run most or all of the listed malware scanners. Each works differently. If one program misses something, another may pick it up.