X
Tap here to go to the mobile version of the site.

ஆதரவு மன்றம்

Mac - FF 39 - no on-page scrolling?

  • 9 replies
  • 3 இந்த பிரச்னைகள் உள்ளது
  • Last reply by RedMoonMedia
பதிவிடப்பட்டது

Since upgrading to v39 on Mac (Yosemite), there is no on-page scrolling. When I try, the right side scroll bar appears. This scroll bar is only way to scroll the page. Is there a fix?

Since upgrading to v39 on Mac (Yosemite), there is no on-page scrolling. When I try, the right side scroll bar appears. This scroll bar is only way to scroll the page. Is there a fix?

தீர்வு தேர்ந்தெடுக்கப்பட்டது

Confirming solution: fresh install of Firefox 39. On-page scrolling now works!

Thanks to everyone who gave advice.

Read this answer in context 0

Additional System Details

நிறுவப்பட்ட நிரல்கள்

  • Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.12
  • The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
  • Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
  • The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
  • RealPlayer Plugin
  • Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
  • 5.1.40416.0

பயன்பாடு

  • User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0

கூடுதல் தகவல்

FredMcD
  • Top 10 Contributor
4254 தீர்வுகள் 59583 பதில்கள்
பதிவிடப்பட்டது

The scroll bar works, but you can't scroll? What do you mean?

If you have a 3 button mouse, pressing the middle button in a blank area will turn the mouse into a scroll control.

The scroll bar works, but you can't scroll? What do you mean? If you have a 3 button mouse, pressing the middle button in a blank area will turn the mouse into a scroll control.
பதிவிடப்பட்டது

கேள்வியின் உரிமையாளர்

This is Mac - not Windows.

Precisely - the mouse does not scroll the page = no on-page scrolling. The right side scroll bar is the only working scroll.

Symptom: when you attempt to scroll the page using the mouse "on the page", it doesn't scroll - but the right side scroll bars show.

This is Mac - not Windows. Precisely - the mouse does not scroll the page = no on-page scrolling. The right side scroll bar is the only working scroll. Symptom: when you attempt to scroll the page using the mouse "on the page", it doesn't scroll - but the right side scroll bars show.
cor-el
  • Top 10 Contributor
  • Moderator
17522 தீர்வுகள் 158440 பதில்கள்
பதிவிடப்பட்டது

On Mac the scroll bars can be hidden and only have them show when you scroll the page so you can see the current scroll position. The idea is that a touch pad is used that doesn't require the scroll bars to be visible and thus have more screen estate for the browsing area. You can make the scroll bars always visible: System Preferences > General > Show Scroll Bar > Choose "Always"


Are you running Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing mode (never remember history)?

Possible workarounds:

(1) use Options/Preferences > General: "Open new windows in a new tab instead"
(2) Shift+click links to open in a new window with the standard features or use the right-click context menu.

You can modify dom.disable_window_open_feature prefs and change their value to true to prevent a website from disabling toolbars and scroll bars in a pop-up window

On Mac the scroll bars can be hidden and only have them show when you scroll the page so you can see the current scroll position. The idea is that a touch pad is used that doesn't require the scroll bars to be visible and thus have more screen estate for the browsing area. You can make the scroll bars always visible: System Preferences > General > Show Scroll Bar > Choose "Always" ---- Are you running Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing mode (never remember history)? Possible workarounds: (1) use Options/Preferences > General: "Open new windows in a new tab instead" (2) Shift+click links to open in a new window with the standard features or use the right-click context menu. You can modify dom.disable_window_open_feature prefs and change their value to true to prevent a website from disabling toolbars and scroll bars in a pop-up window * dom.disable_window_open_feature.scrollbars * http://kb.mozillazine.org/Prevent_websites_from_disabling_new_window_features
பதிவிடப்பட்டது

கேள்வியின் உரிமையாளர்

Hi cor-el,

No is answer to most of your questions. This has nothing to do with new windows or privacy - don't run private at all.

This is just about the sudden disappearance of "on page scrolling" using the mouse. Of course when I try to do that the right side scroll bars appear - and I have to use them!

ALSO NOTE: this is sporadic, about 90% of time. The other 10% the mouse scroll works! So not sure what this might be. Have restarted iMac several times and run FF on it's own and with other apps open.

Hi cor-el, No is answer to most of your questions. This has nothing to do with new windows or privacy - don't run private at all. This is just about the sudden disappearance of "on page scrolling" using the mouse. Of course when I try to do that the right side scroll bars appear - and I have to use them! ALSO NOTE: this is sporadic, about 90% of time. The other 10% the mouse scroll works! So not sure what this might be. Have restarted iMac several times and run FF on it's own and with other apps open.
பதிவிடப்பட்டது

கேள்வியின் உரிமையாளர்

POST NOTE: On page scrolling worked when I started reply to you, and then NOT working soon as I sent the reply.

POST NOTE: On page scrolling worked when I started reply to you, and then NOT working soon as I sent the reply.
cor-el
  • Top 10 Contributor
  • Moderator
17522 தீர்வுகள் 158440 பதில்கள்
பதிவிடப்பட்டது

Did you try to set some of the dom.disable_window_open_feature prefs to true?

Did you try to set some of the dom.disable_window_open_feature prefs to true?
பதிவிடப்பட்டது

கேள்வியின் உரிமையாளர்

Hi cor-el,

No, didn't try as it doesn't appear to be same problem. You described another problem entirely. Can you say why I should try it?

For anyone researching this problem, there's a solution from 3 years ago - which didn't work for me, but might for you. See https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/870051 - "my 2-finger scroll isn't working".

Hi cor-el, No, didn't try as it doesn't appear to be same problem. You described another problem entirely. Can you say why I should try it? For anyone researching this problem, there's a solution from 3 years ago - which didn't work for me, but might for you. See https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/870051 - "my 2-finger scroll isn't working".
பதிவிடப்பட்டது

கேள்வியின் உரிமையாளர்

I have just deleted Firefox 39 and re-installed from a fresh download. So far - the on-page scrolling is working. Will update this tomorrow to confirm, or not.

I have just deleted Firefox 39 and re-installed from a fresh download. So far - the on-page scrolling is working. Will update this tomorrow to confirm, or not.
பதிவிடப்பட்டது

தீர்வு தேர்ந்தெடுக்கப்பட்டது

Confirming solution: fresh install of Firefox 39. On-page scrolling now works!

Thanks to everyone who gave advice.

Confirming solution: fresh install of Firefox 39. On-page scrolling now works! Thanks to everyone who gave advice.