the update for mozilla firefox 39.0 beta 5 displays a foreign language,why?
When my wife and I tried to install the latest update(2 different computers) it was in a different language possibly Russian. I did not install. is this update 39.0Beta 5 legit or bogus? Thank you, Thomas DuBay
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- Google Update
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/36.0
Bogus possibly. Given that you have typed out 39 twice.
The current version for Beta is Fx36. From the system information linked aside you appear to be on Fx36.
Assuming you are on a genuine official copy of Firefox you should let Firefox update itself automatically. (At least every six weeks on the Release, more often on Beta)
There are four main channels. Release = 35.0.1 Beta = 36.b6 currently Aurora = 37.0a2 Nightly = 38.0a1
So Beta builds of 39.0 is still a ways off.