Firefox "unable to connect" ONLY to vine.co and linked vine videos from other sites
For some reason, starting about a couple of days ago, Firefox will NOT load the site vine.co - it displays the "Unable to Connect" page (see linked image) and I can't think of anything to do. All other video players work - on Youtube and Facebook and it's very strange that I'm not able to access only this entire site. Also, on sites such as Twitter and Tumblr, I am not able to access the vine videos (that have been linked, I assume, from vine.co) - it will just show a square on the webpage where the vine video player should be but it just has the "unable to connect" image instead. I have Ubuntu, all updated, and Firefox is updated as well to the best of my knowledge. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
Additional System Details
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.51.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The Videos 3.10.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
I understand the Firefox shows an error "Unable to connect" when you try to watch embedded vine videos on Facebook and Tumblr as well as videos on vine.co. I am happy to suggest troubleshooting tips to get down to the root of the issue.
If you disable one of the video player extensions, does the other load the media content on the page?
Does this happen in a new profile? Profile Manager - Create, remove, or switch Firefox profiles
Do any of these troubleshooting tips help? Fix common audio and video issues