This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
One website is redirected to another url and they keep switching back and forth
When I try to open a particular site (nwherald.com), Firefox automatically switches between that url and m.nwherald.com. When loading, the two jump back and forth. This doesn't happen with any other url, and I can open nwherald.com just fine in IE. What gives. It's not much of a newspaper, but it's all we have.
All Replies (4)
Try clearing your cookies and cache.
- History (or > History) > Clear Recent History
Or: "Clear the Cache":
- Tools (or > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools (or > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
You can also try running in Firefox Safe Mode to see if an extension might be causing the issue.
Nope, Doesn't work
Did this problem occur recently with Firefox? The link runs fine for me; do you have any Firewall rules or antivirus settings that may block links?
It is strange that it is trying to force you to a mobile site, and then back to a desktop version. Would you happen to have Flash disabled? I am wondering if the site is detecting a missing plugin and trying to bring you to a more compatible version.
When you go to the site, you can check if the Web Console shows any errors:
- Tools (or > Developer/Web Developer > Web Console
If it is redirecting too quickly, you can temporarily disable redirects:
- Tools (or ) > Options > Advanced > General
- Check "Warn me when sites try to reload or redirect the page"
Also I doubt this is related to your problem, but I notice you have two versions of Adobe PDF Plug-ins:
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.9
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.8
Having multiple versions of the same plugin can cause problems as well.
What is the width of the Firefox window?
It looks that it switches to the mobile version if the window width is around 768px
Note that zooming a page also effects this.
You may have zoomed the page(s) by accident. Reset the page zoom on pages that cause problems.
- View > Zoom > Reset (Ctrl/Command+0 (zero))
cor-el மூலமாக திருத்தப்பட்டது