This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Mozilla keeps crashing, why?
I uninstalled it, but when I try to reinstall it-it crashes after saying, "Finished checking Yahoo! toolbar.
In the end I uninstalled Mozilla and deleted all I could of it. I downloaded and reinstalled it again and now its fine.Read this answer in context 👍 0
All Replies (14)
Did you download from the official Mozilla website?
If not, please uninstall Firefox from the Control Panel > Programs and Features/Add or Remove Programs
Then delete the Mozilla Firefox folder:
- (32-bit computer) C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\
- (64-bit computer) C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\
And then reinstall.
If you are still having problems, are you able to start in safe mode? Firefox Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode that turns off some settings, disables most add-ons (extensions and themes).
If Firefox is not running, you can start Firefox in Safe Mode as follows:
- On Windows: Hold the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- On Mac: Hold the option key while starting Firefox.
- On Linux: Quit Firefox, go to your Terminal and run firefox -safe-mode
(you may need to specify the Firefox installation path e.g. /usr/lib/firefox)
When the Firefox Safe Mode window appears, select "Start in Safe Mode".
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article to find the cause.
To exit Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
Some added toolbar and anti-virus add-ons are known to cause Firefox issues. Disable All of them.
You can check if you can start Firefox in Safe Mode by holding down the Shift/Options key.
The shift key got me to safe mode but thats it. The problem can't be extensions because I've had them long before Mozilla started crashing. I uninstalled it, but when I tried reinstalling it-it would crash repeatedly while checking for compatible extensions. Don't know if it mean anything but it always crashed after checking the yahoo toolbar.
Lastly, I did get it from the official site.
Sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- Press the following shortcut to get a Run window: [Windows] + [R]. This should bring up a window that contains a text field.
- In that text field, enter %APPDATA% and press Enter. An explorer window should open.
- From that explorer window, double-click on the Mozilla folder, then double-click on Firefox and then on Crash reports. Double-click on submitted.
- Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Go to View > Arrange Icons by > Modified to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
- Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID with bp- into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
Curtis Parfitt-Ford Mozilla Support
Tried to paste but didn't work, hope this helps.
Having looked on the system the only things I can find about this that have not been patched are related to the RoboForm plugin. Do you have RoboForm? If so, could you try removing it?
Curtis Parfitt-Ford Mozilla Support
Some of your crash reports weren’t sent to the Mozilla Servers.
In the address bar, type about:crashes. Note: If any reports do not have BP in front of the numbers, click it and select Submit.
Using your mouse, mark the most resent 7 - 10 crash reports, and copy them. Now go to the reply box below and paste them in.
Don't have RobForm.
Since I'm having trouble figuring out how to paste crash reports I had to do it manually.
bp-6f4804fc-15c0-473c-9134-5f7012141101 bp-752ad047-8264-4b0c-896c-513212141101 bp-bb7fc1e6-6ba3-4ef7-b596-426bf2141101 bp-752ad047-8264-4b0c-896c-513212141101 bp-589df20c-6b11-42aa-bb1d-55ca62141101 bp-3ef75e97-fdec-406e-b738-1e766214110 bp-1ff3e8de-4d41-4f6a-bc27-1caa52141101 bp-2543ba-bffa-4037-85b0-a04d82141101
Again hope this is helpful.
The crash reports say you are using Firefox v30. Please upgrade.
You can check if you can start Firefox in Safe Mode by holding down the Shift/Options key and see if disabling hardware acceleration in Firefox helps.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
You need to close and restart Firefox after toggling this setting.
In the end I uninstalled Mozilla and deleted all I could of it. I downloaded and reinstalled it again and now its fine.