I cannot go back one page, it doesn't work because the current page repeat itself
Whenever I open a page and then clicking a link to go to another page, when I attempt to click "back" it does not work simply because the current page repeated itself an infinite number of times. Now why is that happining? and what to do.
Additional System Details
- Content Server - Office Editor Launcher
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1998
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Citrix Receiver Plugin (Win32)
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Do this; From whatever page; you see a link you want to check out, but you don't want to loose the current page, have the new link open in another tab or window. When you are done with that, close that tab / window.
If you right-click the Back button (or long press it), you should get a full list history and be able to jump back further. If the site has navigated itself enough to fill the list, well, that's a bad site.
Have you noticed any pattern in the types of sites that cause this problem?
The forum software detected your Firefox as version 18. Is that correct?
Version 18 is not secure; Mozilla discloses security flaws after each new release. Is something holding you back from upgrading to Firefox 31? Please let us know so we can suggest solutions or workarounds.
To update, you can visit this dialog:
- orange Firefox button > Help > About Firefox
- (menu bar) Help > About Firefox
Thank you for replying jscher2000. The site cannot fill the list because it is only the second page i.e I opened the home page and then I press a link to go to the next page. When I want to go back pressing right click on the back button I see the page repeated itself too many times. I noticed this on eBay for now. Sent from my Android
FreeMCD:I always try to implement this when I surf the Internet but I always go back to my old habit of clicking the links in the same window:
If you haven't already, could you try "the usual" for eBay:
When you have a problem with one particular site, a good "first thing to try" is clearing your Firefox cache and deleting your saved cookies for the site.
(1) Bypass Firefox's Cache
Use Ctrl+Shift+r to reload the page fresh from the server.
Alternately, you also can clear Firefox's cache completely using:
"3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Options > Advanced
On the Network mini-tab > Cached Web Content : "Clear Now"
If you have a large hard drive, this might take a few minutes.
(2) Remove the site's cookies (save any pending work first). While viewing a page on the site, try either:
- right-click and choose View Page Info > Security > "View Cookies"
- Alt+t (open the classic Tools menu) > Page Info > Security > "View Cookies"
In the dialog that opens, you can remove the site's cookies individually.
Then try reloading the page. Does that help?